Start-ups seem to be a natural disadvantage, but in reality they have big advantages over big companies.
When you set up a business, it’s easy to be intimidated by the hundreds of big companies that are your competitors. However, starting a startup has some important benefits that these big companies simply can not achieve. If you know and enjoy these benefits, your startup will remain strong in the face of decades of national competition:
1. novelty. Start-ups are more innovative than big companies and people are looking for novelties in their purchases and in their daily lives. This makes you more surprising, interesting and often more valuable because you are relatively unknown.
2. Agility. Big companies are often forced to make decisions about bureaucracy or a team of people, slowing them down and preventing them from adapting. To make matters worse, they have to satisfy or ruin their existing customers. Start-ups are much faster and more agile, giving them more opportunities for change and growth.
3. Loyalty. When people buy from a startup, they tend to stay loyal. This is especially true in a local environment where support for small businesses is strongly encouraged.
4. personality. Startups tend to have more personality. This is partly due to the fact that only a small number of people do it and partly because they did not have much time to develop. However, this makes startups more attractive to many.
5. Teamwork. Because startups work together with smaller, narrower teams. This facilitates group decision-making and generally results in a more immersive, enjoyable and satisfying work environment.
Take advantage of these benefits and know your strengths to grow your business. With these benefits, you can optimize your marketing, sales, and recovery strategies and compete on the biggest battlefields.
Jose Vasquez is a serial entrepreneur and technology enthusiast who helps technology startups find the direction and momentum they need to succeed. As the founder of Build. Brand. Blast., Jose has set up a shared resource that allows technology entrepreneurs to present ideas, start a business, start or grow. Jose is also the founder and CEO of Quez Media Marketing, a marketing company that combines technology and creativity to help new and growing businesses achieve the desired results.